Thank you for your interest in Georgia Christian Academy! Join our GCA family and make an impact towards future leaders of our community. At GCA, you'll have the opportunity to teach a child using competitive curriculum and Biblically-based values.
We are now accepting positions for Preschool Teachers and Elementary Teachers!
Once an application is received, it is made available to the administration for consideration. When there is a fit for a position, the hiring manager will contact the applicant directly for an interview.
This position is responsible for instruction and leadership in his/her classroom. A commitment to GCA’s mission and core values is needed from all faculty members.
Bachelor’s Degree in subject area or related field and/or appropriate certification
Spiritual and Personal Expectations
- Acknowledges Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commits to faithful active service in a local, evangelical church and personal prayer and Bible study.
- Commits to model spiritual, academic, physical, and social growth personally and professionally.
- Maintains a Christian lifestyle that reflects the biblical perspective of integrity and appropriate personal and family relationships, personal conduct and moral behavior.
- A love for students and education.
- Commits to our foundational statements and governing policies.
- Commits to our employee code of conduct.
- Strong customer service orientation demonstrating excellence in providing and modeling quality customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Capacity for extraordinary time and effort demands.
- Knowledge of curriculum and standards for his/her submit matter and/or grade level.
- Depth of subject matter knowledge.
- Knowledge of learners.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communicator with parents and students.
- Ability to self-reflect and improve practices in the classroom.
- Perceive, understand, and value differences.
- Effective and balanced discipline.
- Effective classroom management.
- Patient, caring, and kind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, prepare, and implement lessons in the classroom that appeals to a diverse student population.
- Cooperate with the Board and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Notify the administration of any policy he/she is unable to support.
- Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student’s progress.
- Maintain confidentiality of students and students’ records.
- Facilitate home-school communication through conferences, telephone calls, and written communication.
- Keep students, parents, and the administration adequately informed of progress of deficiencies and give sufficient notice of failure.
- Attend and participate in scheduled orientation, devotions, in-service retreat, committee meetings, faculty meetings, and staff development programs.
- Be punctual and report to work as assigned.
- Know the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature.
- Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom.
- Supervise extra-curricular activities and organizations as assigned.
- Support the broader program of the school by attending extra-curricular activities when possible.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer or standing to teach.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Employment at Georgia Christian Academy is open to qualified individuals who are Christians of good character, without regard or reference to race, sex, national or ethnic origin, color, age, or disability. Georgia Christian Academy is a religious educational ministry, permitted to discriminate based on religion. All prospective and current employees must agree with Georgia Christian Academy's mission statement, and they must be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the school's statement of faith and the school's declaration and agreement to ethical and moral integrity.
Sign up to receive updates about Georgia Christian Academy.